- Teaching 1 on 1 or Working on Assignments: 70$/h plus transportation at 30$/h within Calgary (effective September 1, 2017).
- Travel outside Calgary is billed at 50 cents a kilometer. 60 cents a kilometer in inclement weather (snow/iced roads in December to March)
- Minimum 1 hour of instruction.
- Group rates – 45$/h for 2 students and decreasing from there. Please contact email@example.com.
Cancellation fees if not notified within 24 hours:
- if the session is on-line or I have not driven to you – 20$/session
- if I had to drive to you, a minimum of 1 hour of instruction will be charged
Late fees – over 15 minutes late I will start counting time spent waiting as tutoring time
I bill monthly at the beginning of the month and send digital invoices.
Calls and Emails
I try to answer calls and emails within 2 business days
I look forward to working with you.
Note – I am not a legal professional so do not take this as legal advice. I hold no responsibility for anything you do with the information below – please check with a tax professional:
GST and Tutoring
Tutoring for approved academic courses is GST exempt and I do not charge GST.
Opportunities for tax credits/deductions (feel free to email me with any others you find/use)
Under the Children’s Art Tax Credit (CATC) the government is providing a non-refundable tax credit of up to $500 for those who
“provides enrichment or tutoring in academic subjects.”
This amounts to a maximum of $500 x 15% = this is a max tax savings of $75 per child per year. (regardless of your tax bracket)
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’New Contact Request – Learnfaster.ca’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Tel: + 1 403 399 9814 (text or call)